Who the heck is reading these posts?

Welcome to all in the Grand Tree trail race series and to the regional trail running community.

Who the heck is reading these posts?

Postby mkulacz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:09 am

How is it that I make a post, and it gets over 200 reads but almost no replies? Are there 200 different people who read it yet have nothing to say? Guys and gals reading this, who are you? Would you be more inclined to respond to the Grand Tree posts is the titles included something about a "Beer alert" or "Poncho and his Mexican guitar"?
A Heavyweight Trail Runner
mkulacz

Postby dion » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:17 pm

I doubt that will help. But it WAS worth a try.
dion

Postby dion » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:11 am

I think that the numbers that you see (at least for GrandTree and Snowshoe views) are not really "views". They are from "searches" by search engines. But you are right about the amount of "Lurking" and the lack of running stuff vs. BS.
For the most part it's like that on all ListServs too. It goes in cycles. I like to at least mix it up and now that I'm training it should shift to more running related. The Snowshoe site should get going soon and I think there'll be some major changes in store (I'll know soon).
dion

Postby mkulacz » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:55 am

Makes sense to me. It just seemed odd to see hundreds of reads but no replies. I know trail runners can be an odd squirrelly bunch, but ya think at least somebody would be speaking.
A Heavyweight Trail Runner
mkulacz

Postby dion » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:31 am

and if you look at the log-in area it only has 116 registered users. I checked with Rob (webmeister) and he said it's "spiders"...kinda scary. Hope they don't reply.
dion

Postby Ken » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:19 pm

I think I asked Rob about this last year, and he said for the Grand Tree and Snowshoes, registration is not necessary and the counts are web hits. However if someone does a web search on "showshoes," chances are they aren't reading the WMAC entry. However, since the WMAC Message Board IS a message board, registration is required and the hits are real.
Caballo said: "Easy, Smooth, Light, Fast."
Ken

Return to Grand Tree Series