2010 Grand Tree Series?

Welcome to all in the Grand Tree trail race series and to the regional trail running community.

2010 Grand Tree Series?

Postby Benn Griffin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:16 pm

Hey all. I just started serious trail running last year and caught the end of the Grand Tree series. This year I want to do as many as I can (barring restrictions like the Nipmuck Marathon). Any idea when the schedule comes out so I know how to plan the rest of my racing schedule this year? Thanks.

Benn Griffin
Benn Griffin

Re: 2010 Grand Tree Series?

Postby dscotina » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:56 am

Benn Griffin wrote: Any idea when the schedule comes out so I know how to plan the rest of my racing schedule this year? Thanks.

Benn Griffin

I was about to ask the same thing.

Dan
Only the lead dog has a different view.
http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/
dscotina

Postby Benn Griffin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Nothing like being eager to get the trail running underway! I'm excited because I had a blast with the fall races and can't imagine the spring ones would be any different !
Benn Griffin

Postby doublej » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:55 pm

Just got an update from Rob Higley yesterday about it... He indicated that the Grand Tree schedule will indeed be posted in a day or two. All the race dates except for one are now known and there's one date conflict to sort out, but he said he'd post it soon in any case. It usually gets posted around New Year's Day, but things have been busy for him.

I'm hoping to pick a couple new ones to run this year, but between the roads and mountain stuff, it's tough to get anything else in...
Whatever you do, DO NOT GO TO:

http://doublejrunning.blogspot.com
doublej

Postby dion » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:55 pm

You can always fit in more races. As long as you can finish one and get to the next one before the gun goes off.
You just need to run fast and drive fast.
dion

Postby Benn Griffin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:17 pm

dion wrote:You can always fit in more races. As long as you can finish one and get to the next one before the gun goes off.
You just need to run fast and drive fast.

I read somewhere maybe in a Runner's World Magazine or something a few years back that a runner actually used a helicopter to get to to the bases of mountains in setting the record for summits. Was crazy. I agree though. There is ALWAYS time for more races!
Benn Griffin

Breakneck race?

Postby dscotina » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:11 am

Has Breakneck followed Diamond Hill to the land of no more?
Only the lead dog has a different view.
http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/
dscotina

Postby Rob Higley » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:06 pm

There will be no official Breakneck - increased red tape and insurance requirements from the state of Connecticut got to be too much of a hassle for Karl. Perhaps a potluck fun run at the usual time (October 3rd this year) would both provide and continue the spirit of Breakneck?
- Rob
"All you really need to know is that the universe is a lot more complicated than you might think, even if you start from a position of thinking it's pretty damn complicated in the first place."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Rob Higley

Return to Grand Tree Series