north south pond

Welcome to all interested in snowshoeing or the Snowshoe Series!

north south pond

Postby joeyb » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:25 am

Does anybody know why these races are cancelled? Had a great time in woodford and wood like to try these.
joeyb

North-South Pond

Postby edtrnews » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:26 am

Yes, I can answer what happened to these events. I failed to get my permit in with the DCR in the time allotted. I needed 45 days prior, but trying to gather insurance, balance life, etc.... it didnt happen for me.

The good news is Turner, Greylock and Curlys made the cut. The February events go out today to the DCR.

I've been doing these snowshoe events 15 years, and the only way I've made it this long is not to let much bother me. I just treated my failure with the permit the same as if there was poor snow conditions.... we will hold the Savoy Location out as a back up, as we have in the past.

Sorry about the space in the schedule everyone. I believe the last two years we put on 16 and 17 races, so missing one here and there is really small potatoes.

I hope to see some action at Turner in Pittsfield. Looking forward to it!!

ed :roll:
edtrnews

Postby dion » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:29 pm

If there is snow, I'll be heading down to Manchester CT to an new event (check Manchester Running Co) and will be there with snowshoes. It'll be good to get "down South" and maybe Ed can join in and have fun for a change!
As for Ed's feelings of "missing a beat", I (after last season) have hardly run a step and am just getting into gear for another season. This time we have over 50 events!
Bob
dion

Postby doublej » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:58 am

I was looking at that CT event too...but think I'll save my energy for Turner :). I think we'll have an absolutely fantastic field for these WMAC races this year... lots of fast guys and gals for sure... it should be fun.

Any news on the Woodford results being posted?
Whatever you do, DO NOT GO TO:

http://doublejrunning.blogspot.com
doublej

north south pond

Postby joeyb » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:15 pm

Yes, many races to go.No complaints here, the work you do for these races Ed is probably like a full time job and much appreciated by all.
joeyb

woodford results?

Postby edtrnews » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:27 pm

Woodford Results, I spoke with Jack Quinn this afternoon, and he believes he'll send them to me tonight. If I get them before 9pm I'll get them posted on our snowshoe site this evening.... if it's much later than 9pm it will have to be Wednesday Night.

As an added bonus, I have SnoNews Issue 08 No 01 close to being ready to post... it is the Barnyard Award Issue highlighting all of the 2009 season via the mind of Guest Farmer Laura Clark.

We'll get an additional SnoNews out before Turner... I am feeling a new found enthusiasm (Laura Clark taught me how to spell that today) today, with the cold temps coming in .

farmer ed
edtrnews

Postby edtrnews » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:38 pm

Just wanted to add that I didnt intend to sound defensive about the north - south pond events, just disappointed in myself with timing.

I also want to stress though, that sometimes things like this really turn out well in the end. Case being we have a really nice location with many options for distance in a forest that holds the snow for a really long time (it is 2000' above sea level in florida), and it is there waiting for us if something else falls apart.

Not a bad situation, and one we have used in the past (Moby Dick Busa at North Pond, during a Blizzard, the year that nationals were in Alaska), when Greylock had poor conditions.

So, life gives you lemons, make lemonade, right? :wink:
edtrnews

Postby edtrnews » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:51 pm

Almost 10 pm, no results tonight people. Lets hope for Wednesday. I am posting the 2009 Barnyard Awards as SnoNews_08_01 on the snowshoe main site.....

ed
:!:
edtrnews

Return to Snowshoes!