2008 Nationals in Utah

Welcome to all interested in snowshoeing or the Snowshoe Series!

2008 Nationals in Utah

Postby JayMan79 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:57 pm

Hello all,
Bob Dion and I were discussing the Nationals today. We thought we'd put this out on the message board and see what kind of chatter we get. First who plans on attending? I looked up some flights out of Hartford (Bradley International Airport) for that weekend and they were in the 400 dollar range to Salt lake City and back for the weekend. Bob said he found the same thing. Anyone find anything reasonable? He also said :?: while he was at a race in the Adironacks yesterday he heard some guys from there were gonna fly to Vegas and then drive to Salt Lake. Now I know from previous trips you can get flights to Vegas really cheap. The only thing is driving to Salt Lake, or actually north of the city from Vegas. If something like this was to happen we would need a large group of people going, possibly rent a passenger van and split the costs. What are peoples thoughts? It would be great to get a large group out there and also its never to early to start thinking about it. Jay K
JayMan79

Postby dion » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:37 am

it's a 6+ hour drive from Vegas. Even with a van, etc. it would waste a day up and day back. (We drove 6 hours from Salt Lake to Bozeman a couple years ago for a race and at least got to see Yellowstone).
Rooms aren't too expensive even though it's still peak season there. The race is 30 min. from Ogden, 1:10 from Park City
dion

Postby dion » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:02 pm

check: www.southwest.com
Southwest Airline has $49-99 one way flights (Tue/Wed) but still fairly cheap on other days. Check different airports. Albany is much less than Bradley. We're going out of Manchester NH. Better times, good price.
dion

Return to Snowshoes!